On November 10, 2019, the Professional Order of Physiotherapy (OPPQ) presented the Carol L. Richard Award to Raymonde Fortin, Chief Physiotherapist and Co-Owner of the STADIUM PhysiOsteo Clinics.
Mr. Denis Pelletier, President of the OPPQ, presented this award at the Annual Congress of Physiotherapists PHYSIO360. "It is with great pride that the OPPQ presents the Carol L.Richard Award to Raymonde Fortin this morning. Her exceptional career inspires many physiotherapy professionals in Quebec and elsewhere. A pioneer in the teaching of radiology in physiotherapy, she has also been a member of the Canadian medical team for more than 20 years. I extend my warmest congratulations to her’’ #physio360.
The Carol L. Richards Award, named in honour of its first recipient in 2014, recognizes the exceptional career of a physiotherapy professional who excels in leadership, as an initiator of major projects or research, or by a deep commitment to making physiotherapy shine in Quebec and elsewhere.
This award recognizes the journey of an exceptional individual who deserves full recognition from his/her peers.
"I am very honored to receive this prestigious award and I sincerely thank the OPPQ, Mr. Denis Pelletier, the Canadian Olympic Committee and Montreal University who supported my candidacy. I would like to point out that such an honor would not have been possible without the contribution of the people surrounding me, who help me daily and have supported me in the pursuit of my dreams:
- My parents who believed in education
- My patients, sportsmen or not, who have often brought me challenges, complicity and a sense of accomplishment and competence
- Ms. Donna Koussaya, Athletic Therapist who has helped me at various stages of my career as a mentor in Athletic Therapy, for her technical support using computers for setting up the radiology course and for her help with the corrections of my work as a Doctorate candidate which was done at Andrews University in Michigan
- Sarah Marshal, my mentor in sports physiotherapy
- Dre Mélanie Deslandes, radiologist, physiotherapist by training who agrees to share her immense knowledge with generosity
- Dr. Bob Mc Cormack, Vancouver Orthopaedic Surgeon, CMO of the Canadian Medical Missions who inspires me with his great skill and incredible qualities of positive leadership and Mr. Antoine Atallah, health services manager for major games for his confidence in me and for his great availability
- Ms. Marie-France Levesque, physiotherapist, great partner in my adventures, for her indefectible friendship, her complicity and professional mentorship
- To my STADIUM team, my colleagues and my partner, Charlen Berry, who help me and allow me to undertake my projects"